Sunday, September 5, 2010

touch the tourist

ok-so there is a game back home where kids play a game with tourist. usually asian because they are always to be found at tourist attractions. the point of the game is to see how many tourists you can touch. i have done it at disney land before. very funny.

yesterday i was walking around in the old city and i kept noticing two 14 year olds walking by me, looking at me and whispering. we were following a crowd back to the gate and kept having to stop and go according to traffic flow. sometimes they were super close and other times i didn't see them.

then at a stop of people, they are next to me. i look at them then look down the street. next thing i know i see a very hesitant hand reach out to me wrist and lightly touch it. then i hear "i got one!" and the boy ran away.

haha they were playing that game i play back home! haha i guess i am their chinese tourist.

p.s. i had a shop keeper shout "Hakuna Matata!" that line from Lion King at me. best moment of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment